Thursday 10 March 2011

Fear and loathing

I guess this post relates to my year out. It will doubtless begin with a whimper, though I'm hopeful it may end with a bang (and not the stars going out variety.) Hopes and dreams are all we have- these cannot be stolen or destroyed or taken away.
You see I am looking forward to the year yet also apprehensive. I have no idea how or what it will produce.

My goal is to hone my writing. My desire is to get better. My dream is to be able to do this full time. My hope is that when I die others can look back on my life and know it was not a complete waste.

To exceed the rules and parameters set by others is to succeed

Never give up the spark within you. Never let go that faint mist of hope that lingers around your feet. Never allow disappointment to hinder progress. Blood sweat and tears are free, and they are yours alone. Your currency, backed by fierce determination. This means that I have to pursue this year as if every day was my last, every opportunity will be seized. Still it's a good statement. Time wil reveal whether I walked beside it, head high and back straight.

So do not give up, or give in or give way. Satisfaction comes not from the wallet but from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment