Sunday 6 February 2011

Some days...

I am the kind of guy that in the midst of a party might decide to take himself off for a brief island of silence. To recharge, taking a breath before plunging back into the maelstrom of social interaction once again. I don't do this due to being anti social (contary to my wife's opinion) but because I need those brief moments. It is who I am. We are all stones or water. And we can exhibit the characteristics of both during our days. Still here's a small paragraph to explain why I am like that.

Do you ever feel like a stone, remaining, whilst the rest of life floods by? And in remaining do you feel stronger? Or weakened by your separation, thirsting for the flood to slow, to gather and embrace; wearing you down until only your constituent particles are left: the carbon DNA of your days. Perhaps you are happy in your solitude, aloof from the flood, clinging to every particle, refusing to let them go and mourning them when they’re gone. I am a stone and I am the flood. In my days of solitude I’m aloof and in my days of the flood I am carried by others, content.

There is an argument that I am getting worse with age. Nonsense! And if you blasted kids think otherwise why I oughta....

No comments:

Post a Comment